May Coop 5.100.12 Raw Sauce Review

(Not sponsored. No affiliate links.)

What is it?

It is hydrating and nourishing essence that can be used as a toner, serum or a lotion.

This uniquely powerful essence is packed with a high concentration of maple tree sap to deliver intense hydration and nourishment. Adding skin soothing Ecocert certified fructan powder and nutrient rich Asian herbal and fruit extracts creates a “secret sauce” that helps to bring out a healthy, youthful looking glow from within. /May Coop/

May Coop 5.100.12 is Korean skin care brand under the umbrella of Salty Family Group Co. Ltd. This name is very interesting because it represents all the basic brand info: May is the month when maple sap is being collected and extracted to serum (Number 5), Coop is the “cooperation – group”, number 100 stands for 100% natural composition and finally number 12 stands for the year of company establishment (2012).

This essence is actually slightly viscous yellowish liquid; thicker than a hydrating toner, thinner than a lotion. The maple aroma is quite powerful and may be overwhelming for those who don’t like it, but to me it’s quite pleasant.

Packaging is very elegant as the essence is bottled in 150 ml / 5.07 fl.oz. glass bottle with plastic wooden pattern cap. I like this linen bag the bottle is packed in. Overall, very nice, elegant design.

May Coop Raw Sauce Review

How to use it?

After cleansing and toning, apply to face and neck in upward and outward strokes with your fingertips or a cotton pad. Pat remaining product into skin until fully absorbed. /May Coop/

Nothing to add here. Very versatile product that can be all in one when hot outside and it can be one of many layered skin care products according to skin’s needs and concerns.

Ingredients

May Coop Raw Sauce Ingredients

Acer Mono Sap, Alcohol, Glycerin, Peg-8, Sea Water Maris Aqua (sea Water), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Water, Betula Alba Bark/leaf Extract, Castanea Sativa (chestnut) Bark Extract, Olea Europaea (olive) Fruit Extract, Pinus Sylvestris Bark Extract, Ribes Nigrum (black Currant) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Vitis-idaea Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (grape) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (wheat) Flour Extract, Oryza Sativa (rice) Extract, Zea Mays (corn) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (soybean) Seed Extract, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Arginine, Panthenol, Creatine, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Fructan Powder, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Parfum, Sodium Hyaluranate, Ci 15510

The first ingredient on this list is Maple tree water and it represents 93% of total formulation. The rest of 7% represents seawater and alcohol as solvents, humectants and botanical and fruit extracts.

Although the alcohol is the second on the list, it didn’t make any unwanted reactions such as skin drying or irritation. I have already mentioned before, I don’t mind alcohol in skin care products, as long as they are well formulated.

Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate is usually used as the sunscreen, but in this products is used probably to protect the product of external factors (sun and heat) and to make it last longer due to its very “natural” ingredients.

Rosacea safe?

Yes, but like I always say, patch test.

Who is it for?

All skin types. Oily types can use it as all in one product, especially in the summer. Dry skin types will need more moisturizing steps, especially in the winter. But you’ve already known that.

Does it work?

Yes it does! Wonderful toner/essence/serum/lotion. Very hydrating and nourishing at the same time. The most important thing is that it calms my facial redness and cleans up the mess that rosacea flare-ups leave behind. Such as dry patches, hyperpigmentation, and overall skin dehydration.

This is not Godsend product, but it does what it promises to do. It hydrates, it nourishes the skin, and it makes it feel better. Therefore, makes it look better. Therefore, I like it. Quite much if I may say so myself.

In summertime this product is fabulous all day moisturizer that will not dilute your sunscreen. Nice and smooth, I’d say, but is this enough to say for a 40$ skin care product, you be the judge of that.

May Coop Raw Sauce Review

Thumbs up?

Yes, me like.

Slikovni rezultat za me like gif

 (gif borrowed from giphy.com)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s